Wednesday 7 April 2021

WW: Tomatoes from heaven


(A few days ago the tide left these two luscious giant tomatoes on the beach. They'd washed up about 50 yards apart, in perfect condition, and did I mention they're huge? I have no idea how they ended up in the bay, but I'm glad it happened here, where water temperatures remain at refrigerator levels year-round, and not, say, Australia, where I probably couldn't have made several meals of them. In fact, I still have half of one in the fridge.

A lifetime in, on, and by the sea has left me with countless memories of similar blessings. Some edible [and sometimes highly timely, appearing when I badly needed them], others material, but all of them delightful and welcome.) Appearing also on My Corner of the World.

5 comments:

  1. That's a huge one. You should have tried rubbing it, you never know even a genie could appear :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomatoes are yummy any time but as a surprise is even better! I'm inclined to agree with Shiju that they might be magical :)

    It's terrific to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete