Wednesday 6 March 2024

WW: Magic beads



(Last Christmas I got a tiny cellophane envelope containing half a teaspoon of hard, opaque, plastic-looking multicoloured beads, about the size of pinheads. Amidst a certain amount of Chinese text, the only English was two brief directions.

Make that "English", because the best I could decipher was:

1. Pour water on these.
2. Don't eat what happens.

Not a word about what these things were, or what the water was going to make them do.

So I poured water over them, and next morning found this.

Apparently all they do is sit there being miraculous.

Which is sufficient.)


Appearing also on My Corner of the World.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. Good thing you put them in a large enough container. A more grown up take on the tiny gooey animals my kids would get and reconstitute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part is you can dry them back to tiny beads and reconstitute them again, though they come back slightly smaller and a bit misshapen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, love how big they became
    My links: 36. I hope you will join us and share your links with us at Wed-Sat at #WordlessWednesday (words welcome) https:// esmesalon. com / tag / wordlesswednesday/
    #17 WW My Entry 36, Now Open, See you soon

    ReplyDelete