Wednesday 16 January 2019

WW: Latest invention


UPDATE: See the final design here.
(This is a longwire block. It provides a quick means to anchor a longwire antenna – used in ad hoc radio communications – at the transmitter end without winding it around something, which is electrically problematic. I designed it myself and made this prototype from a cheap plastic cutting board. It's entirely metal-free, another necessity.

It's possible – probable, probably – that someone else has had this idea in radio's 100+ years. But I've never seen such a thing, and came up with the principle independently, following a process of problem-solving. Therefore I invented it.

I also designed the lo-viz paint job and the articulated hooks holding it down, made from the same cutting board. [Note original colour.]

The block design needs a few adjustments, but as you can see, we've got proof of concept.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment